What are NCR Books?
The acronymn NCR stands for “No Carbon Required” but in the printing industry is also a term used interchangeably for non-carbon and traditional carbon duplicate/triplicate/ quadruplicate copy books alike.
NCR books may be of varying types including, but not limited to; Invoice Books, Purchase Order Books, Restaurant Dockets Books, Delivery Docket Books, Vehicle Logs, Adjustment Note Books, Phone Message Books, Quotation Books, Receipt Books, Statement Books, Tax Invoice Books, and the like.
You can purchase NCR books in 2 types, custom NCR books and generic NCR books. Custom books might include features such as your logo, branding, tax file number and contact details. Custom NCR books may also have the columns and rows formatted and labeled in a certain way to suit your business. However, generic NCR books are a type of “off the shelf” purchase and are generally less expensive to purchase.
Custom NCR Books
As old fashioned as NCR books may sound to some people, they are still used quite regularly, particularly in certain industries and where a paper-trail needs to be established for record keeping purposes.
The advantage of having your own Custom NCR Books printed is that you get to choose all of the information that you want included on the form. This includes everything about the design such as:
- How many columns and rows your NCR form will have and what the labels will be.
- The company information you include on the form.
- The numbering of the form.
- Your printer can organise each new book you purchase to be sequentially numbered for you.
- How many tear out copies you require of each page, and the colours of each of these copies pages.